For nearly 40 years the Old Milton Road Ground was the home of Chesterton Bowls Club.
County Fours Champions, 1927
The bowling green, which was later re-laid with Cumberland turf, was located behind the main stand and was opened in 1927. originally known as the Town Football Club (Bowls Section), the club was renamed Chesterton Bowls Club in 1931. Four members of the club were to win the inaugural County Fours competition in 1927.
In 1967 the bowls club moved to a new bowling green in Logan's Way, Chesterton and the old green became redundant. All sign of where the green had once been disappeared completely when the old green was re-developed in 1984.