Over the years the Lilywhites have played against three clubs from Hastings, though it is not easy to work out which is which as one of them changed their name on more than one occasion and today bears the name of one of the others,
Hastings and St Leonards (the current Hasting United)
The current Hastings United were founded in 1894 as the Rock-a-Nore Football Club and playd in the local Sussex Leagues until in 1921 they merged another local club, All Saints, to become Hastings and St. Leonards. They were to later join the Southern Amateur League and for seven seasons, before the Lilywhites joined the Spartan League, were regular opponents of the Lilywhites.
Their home grounds include: The Pilot Field (1921-48) The Firs (1948-85) The Pilot Field (1985 to date)
Southern Amateur League
In 1952 they re-joined the Sussex League before in 1979 they changed their name to Hastings Town and after the demise of the original Hastings United in 1985, were admitted to the Southern League. At this stage they also moved from their old ground, The Firs, to the former ground of Hastings United, The Pilot Field Ground.
From the 2002/03 season they have been known as Hastings United.
The original Hastings United were founded in 1948 and at one time were one of the best teams in the Southern League and as a result often played the Lilywhites.
St Leonards Stamcroft
St Leonards Stamcroft, who played the Lilywhites for one season in the Southern Premier League, were originally the works team of the Sussex Turney and Moulding Company,