The original home ground of the Lilywhites was in Purbeck Road and it is likely that it was where the Hills Road Tennis Centre now situated. At the meeting which founded the Lilywhites, A.J. Winfield who became the Club's Hon. Secretary said that they had obtained an admirable ground in Purbeck Road, at the foot of Hills Road bridge. The land was absolutely private and required no fencing and with the exception of a slight dip in one wing to be filled in, very little would be needed to be put it into condition for play. The Club never owned the ground but in November 1920 did have the option to buy the site but this had to be accepted at once but they were not in a position to do so, as a result the option expired and instead they purchased the Milton Road site.
10.10.1908 Cambridge Town 2 - 2 Newmarket Town Friendly Match Goalscorers for the Lilywhites were R Goodman and R Doig. There was a crowd of 160.
First Competitive Match
24.10.1908 Cambridge Town0 - 1 Bury United A.F.A. Senior Cup The crowd was about 300.
6.2.1909 Cambridge Town 11 - 2 Christ's & Emmanuel Friendly Goalscorers for the Lilywhites were Doig (4), Everitt (3), Halls (2), Goodman and Neve.
13.3.1909 Cambridge Town 0 - 8 Civil Service Friendly Match
27.4.1911 Cambridge Town 5 - 0 Bury United Bury and District League Goals scored for the Lilywhites by Colville, Flack, Ellis and Sizer (2).
Purbeck Road (2014)