Colchester Town, who were a founder member of the Eastern Counties League, were an amateur team that the Lilywhites played in both the F.A. Cup and the East Anglian Cup. Founded in October 1973, they were dissolved in December 1937 when a professional club, Colchester United, was founded.
25.10.1919 Colchester Town 1 - 1 Cambridge Town 2nd Qualifying Round Scorer for the Lilywhites was Hutchinson
30.10.1919 Cambridge Town 5 - 2 Colchester Town 2nd Qualifying Round Replay Played at Corpus Christi, Billy Phypers scored all the goals for the Lilywhites.
6.11.1920 Cambridge Town 1 - 2 Colchester Town 3rd Qualifying Round Played at the Trinity New Ground, H Allen scored for the Lilywhites.
31.10.1925 Cambridge Town 9 - 1 Colchester Town 3rd Qualifying Round Played at Milton Road, the goalscorers for the Lilywhites were Nicholls (4), Rowell (3), Stearn and an own goal.
15.10.1927 Colchester Town 1 - 1 Cambridge Town 2nd Qualifying Round The goalscorer for the Lilywhites was Bell.
20.10.1927 Cambridge Town 2 - 0 Colchester Town 2nd Qualifying Round Replay Patman and Bell scored for the Lilywhites.
East Anglian Cup
7.3.1928 Colchester Twn 1 - 1 Cambridge Town 2nd Round Offord scored for the Lilywhites.
21.3.1928 Cambridge Town 1 - 0 Colchester Town 2nd Round Replay The goalscorer for the Lilywhites was Offord.
31.10.1931 Cambridge Town 2 - 2 Colchester Town 1st Round Sands and L Hard were the goalscorers for the Lilywhites.
28.12.1931 Colchester Town 5 - 1 Cambridge Town 1st Round Replay The Lilywhites goalscorer was Crooks.
5.11.1932 Cambridge Town 5 - 3 Colchester Town 1st Round Goals for the Lilywhites were scored by H Hard, Wordingham (penalty), Saunders, Flack and L Hard.
23.11.1935 Colchester Town 2 - 4 Cambridge Town 1st Round The goalscorers for the Lilywhites were Barnard (2), S Webb and Brown.
During their history Colchester Town had played thier home matches at Cambridge Road (1873-1902), Reed Hall (1902-03), Drury Lodge (1903-04), Spaldings Meadow (1904-08), Sheepen Road (1908-09), Water Lane (1909-10) and finally from 1910 at Layer Road.