Diss Town, who were founded by members of the local cricket club in 1886, only appearance aginst the Lillywhites 1st team at Milton Road was in the F.A. Cup in 1996. A match that certainly will be remembered by one City player: Paul Coe. Though they had previously visited Milton Road to play the Reserve Team in the Jewson League.
14.9.1996 Cambridge City 6 - 1 Diss Town F.A. Cuo 1st Qualifying Round Cambridge City team: Barry Piggott, Andy Pincher, Keith Lockhart, Steve Gawthrop, Andy Jeffrey, Andy Beattie, John Fowler, Wayne Goddard, Paul Coe, Chris Tovey and Ian Cambridge. Crowd 328 The match will certainly be remembered Paul Coe, who was given his first start of the season and took advantage of it by scoring five of the Lillywhites six goals including a second half hat-trick. He scored in the 11th, 12th, 64th. 71st and in injury time. Wayne Goddard goal was a 30 yard screamer 3 minutes after Diss had pulled the score back to 2 - 1 on the hour mark.
Over the years Diss have played their home matches at two different grounds:
Roydon Road - which they shared with the Cricket Club
Brewers Green Lane - which the Club owns and was opened in 1983. Facilities here include an artificial flootlite pitch.