Canvey Island

F.A. Cup

30.9.1989                     Cambridge City 3 - 0 Canvey Island                   2nd Qualifying Round                                                            Goalscorers for the Lilywhites were Gary Grogan, Steven Fallon and a Keith Lockart penalty.

9.9.1995                      Cambridge City 2 - 3 Canvey Island                   1st Qualifying Round                                                       Cambridge City team: Kevin Murray, Andy Pincher, Dave Hercock, Ian Cambridge, Andy Beattie, Steve Gawthrop, Shaun Harrington, John McLean, Steve Flack, Laurie Ryan and Paul Coe. Sub used was Adie Cambridge. In a hard fought game, the Lilywhites had the misfortune to go behind in the 9 minute with an own goal off Steve Gawthrop. Level at half-time, thanks to a goal by Paul Coe in the 23rd minute, they were behind again in the 61st minute. Though within a minute of Laurie Ryan equaliser in the 73rd minute, Alan Jones scored the winning goal for Canvey Island.  

12.10.1996                   Cambridge City 0 - 3 Canvey Island                   3rd Qualifing Round                                              Cambridge City's team was Barry Piggott, Andy Pincher, Keith Lockhart, Steve Gawthrop, Andy Jeffrey, Richard Chattoe, John Fowler, Wayne Goddard, Paul Coe, Chris Tovey and Ian Cambridge. Subs used were Shaun Harrington and Peter Leete Crowd 461

2000                              Cambridge City 0 - 2 Canvey Island                   4th Qualifying Round

F.A. Trophy

2007/08                         Cambridge City 1 - 1 Canvey Island                   1st Qualifing Round

2007/08                         Canvey Island 0 - 0 Cambridge City                    1st Qualifying Round Replay                                             The Lilywhites were to win 4 - 2 on penalties.

The Park Lane Ground, Canvey Island

Canvey Island, who's ground is one of the few in the country to be below sea level, have only played the Lilywhites in Cup competitions. Founded in 1926 and began life in the Southend & District League before in 1953 entering the Thurrock & Thameside Combination League. After hugh improvements to their ground, they have moved throught the leagues and in 1995 they reached to 1st Round of the F.A. Cup before going ou to Brighton in a reply. By this time they were owned and managed by former player, Jeff King, who took them up the ladder to the Football Conference. Though when he decided that he was not going to provide the club with any more finance, they were forced to drop into the Isthmian League.