Hinckley Athletic

Founded in 1889, Hinckley Athletic were to merge with Hinckley Town in 1997 to form Hinckley United.

Southern League Premier

14.9.1963                        Cambridge City 5 - 0 Hinckley Athletic                                                                                                      Scorers for City were Alan Banks (2), Tommy Wilson, Albert Derrick and Freddy Bunce

18.1.1964                        Hinckley Athletic 2 - 1 Cambridge City                                                                                                    Scorer for City was Albert Derrick

At then end of the 1963/64 season, Hinckley Athletic were relegated and neve played the Lilywhites again.

Hinckley Town

Hinckley Town was founded in 1958 and soon became Hinckley's premier football. After their merger with Hinckley Athletic, their old ground was used as a training ground.

Hinckley United

Formed on June 18th, 1997 following the merger of Hinkcley Athletic and Hinckley Town. They played at the old Hinckley Athletic Ground in Middlefield Lane but sadly were wound up in October 2013 and all their results were made null and void. City had been due to visit them on November 27th of that year.

25.8.2001                              Hinckley United 2 - 2 Cambridge City                                                                                                         Both goals for City were scored by Dan Chillingworth in the 22nd and 72nd minute.

12.2.2002                              Cambridge City 3 - 2 Hinckley United                                                                                                       Roy Essandoh in the 42nd in the minite , Martin Fox in the 55 minute from a penalty and Challinor in the 74th minute were City's scorers. 

Southern League Cup

16.9.1997                        Cambridge City 1 - 0 Hinckley United                                                                   Round Two       Cambridge City team: Dan Kelly, Mark Adams, Richard Chattoe, Jason Carter, Roscoe Hipperson, Andy Pincher, Michael Cheetham, Micky Bennett, Neil Harris, Simon Ullathorne and Nicky Smith. Subs used by City were Baille and Byatt. Scorer for City in the 53 minute was Nicky Smith